Walthourville Presbyterian Church is a historic Presbyterian church on Allenhurst Antioch Road near Walthourville, Georgia, United States. Construction was started in 1884 and is a frame structure in a Gothic Revival style. It replaced a building that was destroyed by a storm in 1881, which itself replaced a building destroyed by fire in 1877. Except for the main entrance, all windows and doors are lancet arched. The interior retains all of its original furniture.
The Walthourville Presbyterian Church is the fourth church building to have served
the needs of, the Presbyterian faith, in largely rural Long County. The first structure,
erected in 1820, served as a meeting place for both Baptists and Presbyterians. In
1845 a Presbyterian church was erected, which was destroyed by fire in 1877. The
following year a new church was completed, with that structure being destroyed in a
storm in 1881. The present church was dedicated in July of 1884.
This church was the first colony to go out from old Midway Congregational Church. The first building was erected in 1820 on land donated by Andrew Walthour. The present one, constructed near the original site in 1884, replaced buildings destroyed by fire and storm. Walthourville Presbyterian Church was organized in 1855. First pastors were the Rev. John Jones, supply, the Rev. Robert S. Mallard; elders, William Q. Baker, Thomas S. Mallard; deacons, David A. Miller, Thomas W. Quarterman. Second in size in Georgia Presbytery in 1861, this church led in benevolent gifts. The original site for Walthourville Cemetery nearby was donated by William D. Bacon in 1872.