Crawfordville Presbyterian

Taliaferro County
Org 1879
Photography by Scott Farrar

Click HERE  to take a tour of Crawfordville Presbyterian

Crawfordville Presbyterian, located off of Commerce Street in downtown Crawfordville, was established in 1879. The current brick structure was built in 1896. The Presbyterian denomination made its first appearance in Georgia in 1735, with some Scottish Highlanders who settled in Darien with their pastor. Presbyterians continued to come to the Georgian colony and began to form congregations in Savannah. The oldest standing Presbyterian Church in Georgia is the First Presbyterian Church of Augusta, which was built in 1804.